An experienced and passionate teacher, Joanna comes from a professional contemporary dance and education background and has taught, performed and directed in the UK, France and USA.
Following a serious injury whilst performing with Company CHOPINOT in France, Joanna studied Pilates with Alan Herdman.
She has been an independent facilitator of the technique in London for nearly 20years, teaching 1-1 and small-group mat and apparatus classes in homes, studios and health and fitness venues. She brings a fusion of movement and mind-body techniques – Pilates, Dance, Feldenkrais, Body-Mind Centering and Barteneiff – working in both private and public sectors with adults and children.
• Founder board member of the Pilates Method Alliance UK Chapter.
• Honorary NHS employee on NESS Mental Health Research Projects.
• Dancer-in-Residence for the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
• Director of a Community Dance programme, Youth Dance Theatre Company and professional Dance-in-Education Company.
• J Blake – ‘Dance for Life’ – ANIMATED, Foundation for Community Dance
• B Ed. Hons (1st)
• Diploma Alan Herdman Pilates
• Diploma London College of Dance and Drama
• Associate Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
• ITEC Massage Therapy